For our Thanksgiving lesson, I made these biscuits with a Bible verse about giving thanks inside. They sort of look like fortune cookies. They were a big hit with the kids! They’re not difficult to make, just a little tedious. Here’s how:
1. Gather tubes of refrigerated biscuit dough, tinfoil, printed Bible verses, scissors, muffin tins, cooking spray. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray. Preheat oven according to package directions.
2. Cut out Bible verses and trim off extra paper around verses. Fold verses into small squares.
3. Cut out squares of tinfoil larger than paper squares. Place folded verse in middle of tinfoil and fold to fully enclose.
4. Place foil packet on one half of biscuit and fold other half over on it to fully enclose. Press edges together to seal packet inside biscuit.
5. Place biscuit in muffin cup. Repeat to fill tin.
6. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
7. Let biscuits cool slightly before serving. Kids will love pulling out their surprise Bible verse!
If the document doesn’t show up when you click the above link, just click the “Download” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page that opens. Choose “Open with Adobe Reader,” and it should come up.