For the month of December our snacks will be Christmas-themed, instead of made to match each lesson. It’s just easier that way. Last Sunday we had these Chocolate Pretzels. They’re very easy to make and very yummy! Here’s how to do it:
Ingredients: small pretzels (round, regular or square), Hershey Kisses / Rolos / Hugs, M&Ms (I got the holiday colored ones)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place small pretzels on pan. Place Hershey’s Kiss on top of each pretzel.
3. When oven is ready, carefully transfer baking sheet to oven.
4. Leave in oven approximately 4 minutes, until chocolate is shiny and softened.
5. Remove from oven and immediately press an M&M into top of Kiss to smoosh it down.
6. Place in fridge to cool, or let sit at room temperature until fully cooled.
Some lessons I learned while making these: Rolos, Kisses, and Hugs all need differing amounts of time in the oven. The Hugs and Rolos melt more quickly than the Kisses. Don’t leave the Kisses in too long, or the chocolate will become burned and crumbly. Make more than you think you’ll need–these babies are addictive!