Also with our Shield of Faith lesson we had these fun fiery darts. They are a neat extra reminder about what we’re learning about Satan sending his fiery darts against us, and defending ourselves with the Shield of Faith. The idea came from Michelle Paige’s blog. I made enough for each kid to have one and set out pretzel sticks to augment the snack. They are a little tedious to make, but worth it.
Supplies: pretzel sticks/spindles, regular-size marshmallows, white almond bark, sugar crystals (red/orange/yellow), wax paper, shallow plate, microwave-safe bowl, spoon
1. Randomly shake sugar crystals onto shallow plate. Make sure plate is evenly covered. Set aside.
2. Lay out waxed paper where darts will harden.
3. Take one pretzel stick/spindle and insert into middle of marshmallow. Insert far enough that pretzel will stay in place. Repeat as needed. Set aside.
4. Melt almond bark according to package directions. I used only half the package to make approximately 35 darts.
5. Being careful not to remove pretzel from marshmallow, dip/swirl marshmallow end in melted bark. Make sure there isn’t too much excess bark on marshmallow.
6. Quickly and carefully roll marshmallow in sugar crystals to fully coat melted bark. Repeat with remaining marshmallows. You will have to replenish the sugar often.
7. Place on wax paper to harden. Time to eat!