For our Prodigal Son lesson, the older kids made these hugging father figures (this one happens to be a ninja). They’re quite simple to make, but a little bit time consuming. Here’s how to do it:
1. Cut out a rectangle of card stock.
2. Trace your hands on a different color of card stock; cut them out.
3. Tape/glue hands to short ends of rectangle.
4. Trace around yogurt lid or other round lid on another piece of card stock. Cut out.
5. Decorate circle as head and tape/glue to middle, upper edge of rectangle.
6. Copy Luke 15:24 onto rectangle.
Slightly fold rectangle to resemble arms reaching out for a hug.