Several kids and I worked on making these super-cute God’s Promise rainbow crafts today. The original idea came from Pinterest. They’re simple enough for young kids, but complex enough to interest older kids, too.
- Froot Loops cereal (or generic variety)
- paper plates
- white glue
- cotton balls
- Sharpie marker
1. Make sample craft or print picture for children to see as reference.
2. Give each child a paper plate, glue, pile of Froot Loops cereal, and a few cotton balls.
3. Glue on clouds towards one side of plate.
4. Extending out from cloud in an arc, begin to glue on rows of colored cereal (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). You can either put down a line of glue, or squeeze glue out onto a paper plate and let child dip individual pieces of cereal in it. Continue until all rows have been completed.
5. Write “God’s Promise” above rainbow and “Genesis 9:16” below rainbow on paper plate.
“Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”