I got this idea from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Thank you! The kids and I made these heart valentines which feature John 3:16. They’re so cute and ready to give away to someone special or display on the wall.
- thick white paper
- markers/crayons/colored pencils
- hole punch
- ruler/tape measure
1. Download the printable design from the link above and print on thick white paper.
2. Cut out heart shape.
3. Line inside edge of heart with hole punches. Younger kids may want fewer holes.
4. Color heart candies on valentine.
5. Measure approximately 2+ feet of yarn for each heart. Cut yarn length and wrap one end with tape.
6. Pull yarn through one of the holes in the heart, keeping enough of a tail to tie off the two ends when finished.
7. Continue threading yarn through holes, wrapping it around the edge (as shown above).
8. Bring both yarn ends around to back of heart and tie into a secure knot.