I wanted the kids to have a way to keep track of their tithe money at home, so I came up with this cute little tithe jar craft. I won’t even tell you how long it took me to perfect the paper template. (You might think I’m severely lacking a social life, which would be accurate.) Just print the template below, which is enough for two jars, and the rest is fairly easy. The kids will definitely need help with the tape, but you could put a teen in charge of that.
- 1 Yoplait yogurt cup per child (clean and dry thoroughly in advance)
- clear packing tape
- crayons or markers
- stickers (optional)
- printable Tithe Jar Template for yogurt cup (1 sheet makes 2 cups)
1. Give each child a printed Tithe Jar Template to decorate as desired. There’s space above the word “Tithe” for the child to fill in their name. Encourage the kids to get creative!
2. Cut out inside the black lines to make sure it will fit on the yogurt cup.
3. Wrap decorated paper around the yogurt cup and use a piece of packing tape to secure where the edges overlap on the back. You may want to use a couple of small pieces to tape the top of the paper to the cup so it doesn’t slide right off.
4. Done! Have kids take their tithe jars home and encourage them to use it to set aside their tithe money.