I found this card design on Pinterest and thought it would be a fun option for the kids to make this year. The little ones will need help with the writing, but it also gives them the chance to tear pieces of paper and glue them on. Yay — something they will excel at!
- White card stock
- Colored paper, several different colors
- Light-colored card stock (for panel that says “I Love You”)
- Black Sharpie
- Cut white card stock down the middle lengthwise (cut it in half the long way). If you’re using an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of paper, you’ll cut it at the 4 1/4″ mark.
- Fold the paper in thirds as shown above. Don’t stress out if it isn’t exact.
- Write “MOM…” on the front panel.
- Draw a large heart on the last panel and write “to pieces!” below it.
- Cut out a rectangle of light-colored card stock to fit on the middle panel and write “I Love You” on it.
- Glue “I Love You” card stock rectangle to middle panel.
- Rip colored paper into small pieces and glue on front of card and inside large heart as desired.