I am so in love with this method of keeping track of who is at Sunday School. We use a clipboard with an actual attendance sheet too, but these photo sticks are so awesome!!! If something could kill you with cuteness, I think these would.
- Laminator & laminating pages
- Large craft sticks
- Clear packing tape
- Med./lg. clear container
- Grass bulletin board border
- Take a picture of each person who will need an attendance stick (we let everyone do three poses and chose the best). I tried to have their body take up 1/2 to 3/4 of the frame, with the camera turned so the long edge was vertical, not horizontal. It’s up to you if you want to include their whole body, or cut it off somewhere on the legs. We ended up with both.
- Print pictures at home or through a place like Walgreens. I recommend glossy finish, not matte.
- Cut out each person’s photo, keeping very close to the body.
- Arrange figures on laminating sheet and laminate according to machine directions.
- Cut out figures again, making sure to leave a bit of plastic overlapping the edges.
- Tape craft stick to back of figures using clear packing tape.
- Cut grass border to fit around front and sides of container. If you don’t have grass bulletin board border, cut your own from construction paper.
- Holding grass boarder against sides of container, pour in sand to a depth that will hold the craft sticks upright.
- Insert finished figures in sand.
- At beginning of class, remove all the figures and let those who are present stick their figures in the sand.